The First time I entered the world of hacking, My very first question to myself was how can I stay anonymous. Anonymous is a big word, It describes your limitations.But why a Hacker needs to stay anonymous?Well, the answer lies on the boundaries that we cross out of curiosity, revenge or emotions. Keeping yourself Anonymous not only helps you as a hacker but also helps you to stay anonymous while internet surfing.These explanations are one and the same. For staying Anonymous, one thing you should always keep in mind is PROXY SERVER!
A proxy server is actually a representative server. While we are on internet we are provided with an IP address. An IP address actually tell our location and information about our ISP, just like our Home Address. We never want that information to go out so what we actually do is we route the connection from our ISP to any country’s proxy server which could be free or paid and it would act like our representative server. There are many ways through which you can do that. But before that you must know the kind of proxy server to use. Common types of proxy servers are:
- Anonymous Proxy- This kind is actually what you need to have while surfing over the web. Anonymous proxy servers attempts to hide the Real IP address and provide much of the privacy needed for the user.
- Distorting Proxy – These identifies themselves as a proxy server, but make an incorrect original IP address available through the HTTP headers.
- High Anonymity Proxy – This would be the best if you could get. They are highly anonymous proxy servers.Elite ones. These server change the location or IP address to their own IP and it would be seen as your current IP is the proxy server’s IP.
- Intercepting Proxy – You never use this. It is also known as a transparent proxy, combines a proxy server with a gateway. Connections made by client browsers through the gateway are redirected through the proxy without client-side configuration. These types of proxies are commonly detectable by examining the HTTP headers on the server side.
- Reverse proxy – This is for web server benefits.Well it just cache the static information and provides the client with the cached data which will actually lessen the load.
- Transparent Proxy – These are generally used for their ability to cache websites and do not effectively provide any anonymity to those who use them. However, the use of a transparent proxy will get you around simple IP bans. Further, our web browser does not require special configuration and the cache is transparent to the end-user. This is also known as transparent forward proxy.
Lets Talk about how to stay anonymous when Through web proxies:
1. You can eventually hide IP using google cached service, we mainly need to get information about any website or see any recent updates and changes, Google have a ideal for such task, it cache websites time to time and you can actually view the cached website to get information about the any source without giving your IP address.
2. We can use Google as a transparent proxy using the Google’s translation service.
3. You can search web anonymously using:
(You can find thousands of them web proxies search engines by searching on Google. )
4. Anonymous browsers:
1. Tor onion( Not actually safe for intense searches now.)
3. Your Freedom
(These are not fast. Since they have to go through a lot of traffic and lots of routing through other servers.)
SecurityKISS Tunnel(ANOTHER BEST)
Cyberghost (BEST ONE)
6. Manual Proxy Software: You can set the manual proxy for your browser using settings tab:
- Just Go to Chrome://settings
- Scroll Down -> Click on Show Advanced Settings -> Change Proxy settings -> LAN settings
- Then you can check the box for “use the proxy server for your LAN ” and write IP address for proxy server and click Apply.
Same Goes for Mozilla:
- Just go to about:preferences or Simple click open options
- Go to Advanced -> Network -> Settings -> then check Manual proxy configuration.
Software to manually change proxy service:
- Proxifier(Best one but comes with a trial gotta buy that.)
- Proxy Manager
- Proxy Switcher
- CC Proxy Server
- JAP Anonymity and Privacy
Now the question which arise here is where to find the proxy server’s IP address to manually add in browsers? Well, there are many websites providing this service for you:
Hidemyass.com(scroll the page you will see a list of IP address and port numbers. You should go for good speed because sometimes they are real slow and it seems that they are not working).
fastproxyservers.org(Socks proxies are provided here. One of the best site with working proxies.)
You can search more using Google, there are many so you won’t be dissatisfied.
7. Use Google Dorks to find free proxies:
inurl:”nph-proxy.cgi” “Start browsing”
“cacheserverreport for” “This analysis was produced by calamaris”
8. Use VPN
Before talking about VPN I must tell you that VPN doesn’t really provide high anonymity but it actually secures the data sends through the internet that means data is in encrypted format. (how? Refer to next article).
Stay Anonymous 🙂